Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Evil Step Mother.

It's been a long time since I have had a blog, not that many people ever took enough interest in reading the trials and tribulations I've experienced. Who could blame them? A one-sided glimpse into the life of a 26 year old woman who will soon be the step mother to two children and already mother of her own three year old. An unwed realist who deep down thinks it would be great to just chuck it all when the going gets tough...but doesn't. Responsibility is a funny thing sometimes and as my mother would say and I am paraphrasing here...."You chose it."
She's right of course, I did choose it (and I do love my family) but that doesn't mean that everything has turned out to be the happy fairytale that I was sure it would be. Nothing has a happily ever after ending...or is that the pessimistic realist inside of me speaking? Who knows. Am I the next facilitator for the perfect 'today' family or have I been the evil step-mother bent on usurping one man's attention for my own ends? I shudder to think of the half truths in that question.

No comments: